Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By registering and submitting your project to the Sweden VR International Virtual Reality Contest you are agreeing to all Terms and Conditions below in full.
1. The person registering/submitting (henceforth called the participant) must be of legal age, at least 18 years old.
2. No company or organization can enter the contest as the registered participant. However, It is possible to participate in the contest as a single individual or as a team with two or more members.
3. If participating as a team, one person must be chosen to register and handle
all contact during the contest.
4. Whenever applicable, the term “participant” used in texts applies to all the members of a participating team.
5. It is the participant's sole responsibility to ensure that nothing in the finished submitted product/project, or any step in its creation process, (use of software, etc.) violates copyright or licensing laws in any way. The rights to all materials (including, if applicable, the involvement of people) must be owned by the participant and be guaranteed free to use and publish.
6. The registering/submitting participant guarantees that he/she has the authority to do so.
7. The jury’s decisions are final.
8. The jury reserves the right to not select a winner (or finalists) in a category if there are too few entries that the jury believes fulfill all requirements.
9. The contest has the right to disqualify a participant if the organizers of the contest or the jury so decide.
10. The contest reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations, scheduling or profile of the contest, if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond the organizers’ control.
11. All submission fees are non-refundable.
12. Prices and awards are as a rule awarded on a single person basis (such as the HMD VR set), even if a selected winner is a team. It is then up to the members of the winning team to decide how divide the prices.
13. Recipients of prices are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prices.
14. If a winner chooses to accept the “optional price” of collaborating with Sweden VR regarding further steps with the project, marketing, official Sweden VR branding, publication on platforms like Steam etc., then a separate agreement will be put in place, with a sharing of generated profits.
15. The participant agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry in the contest.
16. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without prior notice. Naturally, the version of Terms and Conditions agreed to at the moment of registration will apply.